Position: Office Manager
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Compensation: $34,200.00 – $42,440.00; one-week paid vacation, one-week sick leave, and paid office holidays
Benefits: Group Health and Vision Care plan available
La Jolla LearningWorks is looking for a lover of organizational systems and master of communications to head up our administrative office in downtown La Jolla. This is an ideal job for someone who loves being part of a close, collaborative team, and who has a passion for helping others.
Our Office Manager serves as the backbone to keep our learning center running smoothly, so our leadership and instructional team can do what they do best – helping students succeed.
La Jolla LearningWorks is a private one-to-one learning center with locations in La Jolla and Carmel Valley. We provide individualized tutoring, test preparation, and educational therapy services for K-12 students. We carefully select and train talented, passionate, caring educators to help our students maximize their potential for academic success and happiness. With our personal attention, our students overcome learning challenges and surpass their expectations for achievement with newfound confidence and love of learning.
Our Office Manager’s mission is to serve as the welcoming presence of LJLW by answering the phones and greeting guests and staff in a warm, upbeat way. He/she facilitates daily operations by assisting with attendance; scheduling; data input; file creation; supply ordering; daily upkeep; mail; center specific e-mail; staff celebrations; and promotion through event planning, marketing, and social media.
- Answering phones and responding to email messages
- Scheduling appointments for students, instructors, and executive staff
- Ensuring accurate, prompt client/student data entry
- Greeting clients, students, and instructors
- Maintaining office, kitchen, and bathroom supplies
- Overseeing supply ordering for Carmel Valley office
- Maintaining organization and welcoming appearance of office
- Preparing marketing materials
- Ensuring accuracy of daily session reporting
- Assisting with client billing
- Effectively resolving client billing questions
- Preparing biweekly payroll
- Preparing and collecting new hire paperwork
- Assisting with social media, email marketing, and event planning
- 2+ years experience working in a professional office environment
- Experience with MindBody Online or other CRM, scheduling, and billing systems
- Experience with Quickbooks Online a plus
- Personable — must love kids!
- Passion and natural skill for organization
- Attention to detail and aesthetics
- Ability to plan and prioritize to manage a variety of tasks
- Sense of urgency with regard to time-sensitive tasks
- Outstanding oral and written communication
- Professional phone/email skills
- Tech savviness – Strong keyboarding skills (minimum 60 words per minute) and performance with office management software, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Google Docs, Google Calendar, and time/task management tools, such as, Asana
- High standards for performance and desire to continually improve
- Positive mindset and enthusiasm
- Team player, uplifting others and validating their ideas to collaboratively problem-solve