Executive Function Coaching
DOES YOUR CHILD…
- Have poor time management?
- Procrastinate on starting work or projects?
- Live too much in the present at the expense of achieving later goals?
- Have difficulty organizing his/her schoolwork or backpack?
- Consistently forget multi-step directions?
- Frequently get distracted or run out of steam before completing school assignments?
- Struggle to prioritize when there are many things to do?
- Run out of time on tests or stay up too late to finish homework?
- Struggle to find effective study strategies or check his/her work?
La Jolla LearningWorks’ Executive Function 1:1 Coaching Programs can help!
WHAT IS EXECUTIVE FUNCTION?
Executive function refers to processes in the brain that control behavior and enable us to get things done effectively and efficiently. They are high-level cognitive functions that help us decide what activities or tasks we will pay attention to and choose to do. Through the use of these skills, we can plan and organize activities, sustain attention, and persist to complete a task or reach a goal.
Our one-on-one executive function training helps students build competency in their specific areas of weakness. By learning first about their brains and then about specific strategies, students implement brain-friendly, external, visual tools to strengthen executive functioning weaknesses. With this approach our students gain a sense of control and find success in school, work, and personal life.
- Learning Style Self-reflection
- Planning for Tests/Projects
- Active Study Strategies
- Goal-Directed Persistence
- Emotional Control